We have been running trips and tours for the discerning traveller throughout the Indian Himalayas since 1995, yet the experience of our travel personnel dates well beyond that, to years of leading trips throughout the Indian Himalayan belt. We believe that an adventure travel outfit is only as good as its guides. Good equipment, food and guides is what makes an outdoor trip an experience to savour.
- We are the only Indian adventure outfitter to be on the 2008 & 2009 list of the world’s best adventure travel outfitters in the first Authoritative Rating of Adventure Tour Operators, selected and conducted in a global survey by National Geographic Society.
- To run and film quality whitewater trips, a quality trip run by a top outfitter is often required to do the job successfully. To run down expensive cameras, heavy equipment and filming crews, positioning them in difficult and demanding terrain, and getting them out without any damage. Two of the most logistically difficult trips in the Himalayas, the remote Zanskar gorge (2004) and the Upper Brahmaputra (2002) were filmed successfully for the first time for international distribution. Both are National Geographic films for Adventure One.We also helped film the entire descent of the Total Tons Tonnage film on the first descent of the raging Tons river in 19 years in 2005.
- The Frommers India Guide Feb 2004 says: Also operating along the Chadar route is Aquaterra Adventures, one of the best Indian adventure operators, which runs a wide range of tours and treks customized to suit your personal interests and abilities. Working with highly experienced and knowledgeable guides, Aquaterra is possibly the best choice for discerning travelers looking to raft the Indus or Zanskar rivers in Ladakh or the Beas in Himachal Pradesh.You can also combine trekking and rafting trips, or opt for a unique bicycle camping expedition. Rafting the Ganges or the border-hugging Kali River is best undertaken when you have several days at hand, allowing time for transfers and a variety of rapids, gorges, and the occasional shallow waterfall. Aquaterra Adventures India, good for lighthearted adventuring coupled with excellent food. Most important, the guides are adept at negotiating the rivers.
- The Fodor’s India 2005 Guide (endorsed by the American Society of Travel Agents) recommends us as a top adventure travel outfitter specializing in adventure travel throughout the Indian Himalayas.
- Whitewater guru and international guidebook publisher, Peter Knowles says “Our team of international kayakers has done hundreds of river trips on all continents. The planning, information, organisation, river and camp skills were faultless and in our professional opinion, the trip could not have been better run by any company in the World!”
- National Geographic magazine features our Lower Tons expedition on their July 2004 issue. 7. We have been featured on the cover of the world’s No. 1 Kayaking and rafting magazine, “PADDLER” and twice on the brochure cover of Hyside, world’s largest manufacturer of rafts for outfitters.
- Our trips have been featured twice on the cover of the New York Times.
- Chosen outfitter for filming of “A Road to Ladakh”, a short film by Ashvin Kumar in 2002.
- Chosen outfitter for large scale outfitting for India’s first adventure reality game show “RAAAH” in Spiti valley, a shoot with over 70 persons in 2001. In addition, we have been featured on several television shows like “The Great Escape” on Star TV, BBC Wheels, Top Drive Getaway, MTV Roadies, Doordarshan’s “Off the Beaten Path”
We are empanelled as consultant with Uttaranchal Tourism for the promotion of eco-tourism, adventure sports and wildlife tourism since 2001.