Camp Aquaterra is the real authentic forest camp experience. Two decades of operation that follows strict environmental norms of being surrounded by Reserved Forest, and a strict code of offering the highest safety standards available in the white-water industry. With the National Green Tribunal closing river side camps, this is your best option for a fabulous weekend getaway.
Operational: Mid-September till May
How to reach us?
Distances & Landmarks: 260 kilometres from Delhi via Meerut Bypass – Muzaffarnagar bypass – Roorkee – Hardwar – Rishikesh. Camp lies 30 kms from Rishikesh on the road leading to Devprayag/Badrinath. Pass the villages & bridges of Shivpuri & Gular. Look out for milestone “BYASI 2” (hindi). Camp parking is 200 m after this on the right (at Atali Ganga) Our staff will meet you here and guide you 250 metres into the forest to Camp Aquaterra.
Delhi to Camp Aquaterra/Atali Ganga
Driving Time: 6hrs (with a short-breakfast break)
Note: Try and leave Delhi between 4-5 a.m as driving time increases beyond 6 hours due to morning congestion in towns like Modinagar and Roorkee.
This is fastest and most convenient way of getting here, especially for guests who are not from Delhi and wish to get to Camp Aquaterra/Atali Ganga with little fuss. With 4 airlines – Jet Airways, Spicejet, Indigo & Air India flying to Dehradun from Delhi with Connecting flights from all the Major Cities in India reaching us has never been easier. We are 1 hr and 30 mins from the airport.
Note: Pickup from the Dehradun Airport can be arranged by us
Click here to Book Tickets from ClearTrip.com – One of India’s Leading Travel Portal
Camp Aquaterra/Atali Ganga is 1.5 hours from the closest railhead at Haridwar. The morning Dehradun Shatabdi from Delhi or the overnight Mussoorie Express are both convenient ways of getting here.The Mussorie Express gets you here on time to enjoy a full day after a good night’s sleep on the train.
- Consumption of alcohol or drugs is not permitted upto 6 hours before or on a raft trip. We will, without refund, refuse intoxicated persons.
- All meals are served at a central dining area – including tea, coffee (twice a day) and soft drinks. There is no room service.
- No loud music, no bright lights are allowed. You are in Reserved Forest Area, and we encourage people who appreciate the joy of being very close to nature.
- Camp is spread out amidst a forested hillside. Under usual circumstances, you would only be in your tent to sleep or to change.
- Pending payments/dues, if any, to be settled before arrival. Our ground staff could refuse service, incase payments are not closed upon arrival.
- Should you arrive at Camp late, you may miss your river trip. River running is a pre-planned group activity, so leave early for Camp so you make it on time. In the interest of your own safety, we do not run the river after 4pm.
Meal Plan: We are proud of the excellent cuisine served in camp with emphasis on wholesome, hygienic and delicious meals. Fresh fruits and vegetables are obtained locally.
Breakfast: Continental & Indian: Corn flakes/porridge, eggs, toast/pancakes/French toast, paratha, butter, jam, baked beans/French fries, fruits, tea/coffee.
Lunch: Indian: Normally vegetarian consisting of Dal/rajma, two vegetables, rice (fried/plain), chapati, papad, salad & fruit
Dinner: A special meal with variations of Barbeque Indian, Continental or Chinese cuisine complete with dessert.
Note: Dinner is served from 8:30pm-9:30pm, keeping in mind our need to adhere to strict Forest Department guidelines. Dinner will not be available should you not serve yourselves before 9:30pm.
Tea Breaks: Tea/coffee with snacks/biscuits.
Accommodation: Deluxe tents (beds, mattresses and quilts provided) on twin share. Each tent is furnished with 2 camp cots, a table, two chairs. We have proper WC units and washing facilities at Camp Aquaterra. We also have 2 shower stalls. We can accommodate up to 50 persons at camp at any point in time. Note: We don’t accommodate drivers at camp. Drivers are requested to sleep in their cars and eating facilities can be availed 1.5 kms at Byasi.
Activities at Camp: Besides rafting one could opt for hikes to a typical village near the camp or even go for longer hikes (5-6hrs) in the surrounding hills. Our high ropes course at camp is a big attraction. A day in camp is rounded off with a campfire and a leisurely evening with fellow rafters.